Struggling with ADD or ADHD? A life coach specializing in improving the executive functioning part of your brain can help. That's what we do here at XF Coaching.
If are you living with ADD, your time, energy and focus may be like a herd of horses, not yet harnessed into a powerful, effective team. A coach can help you harness them.
Unharnessed and unfocused, your thoughts and plans jumble together and complicate the daily tasks of working, going to school, or just plain living! But once you have the right structure and support, or in other words, once you harness those horses and have them under your control, you will harness the power inside you to meet your goals and live a fulfilling and successful life!
ADD often goes unrecognized in childhood and even in adulthood. As a child, your family, teachers or coaches may have labeled you as a dreamer, a goof-off, a lazy student, or a trouble-maker. In adulthood, bosses, professors and co-workers may label you as “careless,” “scattered,” “a chatterbox,” “disorganized,” or “unrealistic.”
You may have believed those labels were the truth, and just accepted that this is who you are. Eventually, you were forced to develop your own strategies to compensate for how the symptoms of ADD continually robbed you of your ability to direct your resources to your purpose. As life’s responsibilities increased, so did the demand on your already scattered resources, and you might have felt more overwhelmed and unprepared than ever before. However, there is great news!
XF Coaching provides ADD and ADHD coaching in Santa Cruz, Capitola, Soquel, Aptos, Scotts Valley, Watsonville, Monterey, San Jose, Los Gatos, Saratoga and all of Santa Clara County. We also work remotely over the phone and with Skype. We also work with counselors and therapists to provide 360 degrees of care. Learn more about our synchronized support program for ADD and ADHD.
Once your time and focus are under your direction, under your control, you can demonstrate your gifts and your ability …
- To multitask
- To be creative
- To "think on your feet”
- To innovate
- To have multiple interests
- To achieve significant goals, and
- To contribute to others in your family, school, workplace and community.
Are you aware that many well-known public figures including artists, politicians, inventors, athletes, entertainers, composers, explorers, scientists, authors, entrepreneurs and business leaders have been very successful despite their symptoms of ADD?
So if you think you may have ADD, you are in very good company! They too were once labeled “lazy," "unrealistic," dreamers," or undisciplined” as you may have been. So how did these people manage to be successful? They learned how to harness and master their power within. YOU CAN TOO!
XF Coaching can help you HARNESS the STRENGTH WITHIN YOU to live your life with passion, purpose and power!
Call us today at (831) 332-0040 for a FREE coaching session! We'll help you go beyond the limits you thought were yours, to a life you didn’t know you could have.
Not sure if you have ADD? Here are some symptoms you might identify with:
- Extreme distractibility or "zoning out”
- Difficulty paying attention or focusing, such as when reading or listening to others
- Struggling to complete tasks, even ones that seem simple
- Tendency to overlook details, leading to errors or incomplete work
- Poor listening skills; have trouble remembering conversations and following directions
- Poor organizational skills (messy and cluttered home, office, desk or car)
- Trouble starting and finishing projects; tendency to procrastinate
- Chronic lateness, frequently forgetting appointments, commitments and deadlines
- Constantly losing or misplacing things (keys, wallet, glasses, etc.)
- Underestimating the time it will take to complete tasks
- Frequently interrupting others or talking over them; talking excessively
- Addictive tendencies
- Difficulty behaving in socially appropriate ways (such as sitting still during a long meeting)
- Sense of underachievement
- Low frustration tolerance; easily flustered and stressed out
- Irritability, mood swings; often explosive temper
- Trouble staying motivated and focused
- Inner restlessness and agitation
- Racing thoughts
- Easily bored
- Tendency to do many things at once
- Crave excitement; tendency to take risks; acting reckl essly
- Low self-esteem; feelings of insecurity
Think this might describe you? Then you will be glad to know that there are many wonderful qualities that people with ADD tend to share as well!
There are two sides to this coin called "ADD." Do some of these sound like you?
- Adaptable to change
- Think outside the box
You already have the power and strength within you. We can give you the support, the guidance, and the tools to “UNLEASH THE INNER YOU!”
How an XF Coach can help you with your ADD:
Almost every professional athlete has a team of people helping them to work on their performance,refining their skills and strategies, overcoming the obstacles they struggle with, enabling them to see things they might not see themselves, and helping them to use their strengths to be even better at what they do and love. This is what a personal ADD coach can do for you!
We'll help you identify and direct your strengths and resources, and we'll teach you strategies to overcome your challenges.
Here are just some of the things your XF life coach can help you to do:
- Effectively manage your personal resources (time, energy, focus)
- Get and stay organized
- Boost your productivity at home, work, and school
- Communicate more clearly
- Prioritize tasks
- Get and stay motivated
- Manage your time effectively
- Set short- and long-term goals
- Reduce clutter and the stress that it creates
- Create a schedule and stick to it
- Streamline your work flow
- Set up a system for paperwork, filing, and bills
- Develop ways to stay on task
...and so much more!
Having a coach takes away the isolation of struggling alone. Your XF coach is your guide and partner to work with you on strategies for success!
XF Coaching is not a replacement for psychotherapy, but it is an invaluable adjunct intervention if your issues include deficits in executive functioning skills. While therapists help you work through psychological issues, your XF coach focuses solely on practical solutions to problems in everyday life that relate to executive skills. We teach you strategies for organizing your home and work environment, structuring your day, and managing your life.
If you are living with the symptoms of ADD, you may feel like it takes everything you have just to maintain, never mind achieving those goals you want to attain. We can help you to go beyond mere surviving to thriving!
You are capable of more than you even thought possible, and XF Coaching is here to help you achieve those new heights. With the right kind of help, the possibilities are limitless.
You deserve a great life, and you deserve the right kind of help and support to create the life you want!
Call XF Coaching today at 831-332-0040. We look forward to helping you go beyond the limits you thought were yours, to a life you didn’t know you could have.